gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Changing the GPS update rate with gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Changing the GPS update rate with gpsd
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:52:37 -0700

Yo Deven!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:44:39 -0700
Deven Hickingbotham <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I try to build gpds 3.16 I get the error below.

Ooops.

> gpsclient.c:7:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
>   #include <Python.h>

Did you read the gpsd file build.txt?

Quoting build.txt:

    "You will need both basic Python and (if your package system makes
    the distinction) the Python development package used for building C
    extensions.  Usually these are called "python" and "python-dev". You
    will know you are missing the latter if your compilation fails
    because of a missing Python.h."

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588