guix-devel

Re: NPM importer

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: NPM importer
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 00:29:02 +0100

On 2018-11-11 16:37, Julien Lepiller wrote:
I improved a bit over jlicht's work here, but there still a few tgings we want
co work on: https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix/tree/npm

There is an importer and a build system as well as a few packages. One of tge
issue is that the importer is not recursive, so it doesn't get the specified
version, and the packages aren't tested because the tests depend on cylic
dependencies (and sometimes very big circles).

Ok.
Is there a reason to have this out-of-tree?
Could you push it to a wip-npm branch in guix?

Some npm packages has no or almost no dependencies.
E.g. https://github.com/substack/minimist/blob/master/package.json

These we could start with if the build-system works and incrementally improve the build-system and the complexity of added packages.

Thoughts?
--
Cheers
Swedebugia