gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob)
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:53:33 +0200

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 03:33:17PM +0200, Asko Soukka wrote:
> 7h and 6h workdays
>
> - tuning vobs
>
> I have to hurry to get food and catch train, but I try to summarize, what
> I discussed with Tuomas about these backgroudn and multicolor interfaces
> for Vobs.
>
> Tuomas wants Vobs to be immutable
>    -> Bg/border properties (bgColor, drawBorder)
>       will be set when calling constructor
>    -> solids will be set by one call
>       "Colorable cloneMultiColored(Vob vob, List colors)"

Uh, why the first argument? This would be a method in the Vob.

> - I'll rewrite my PEG on monday. The new proposition will contain:
>   - Bg/border properties optionally in each Vob
>   - Interface Colorable, containing method to clone Vob with
>     multiple colors
>   - Abstract class ColorableVob extends Vob omplements Colorable
>   - BgVobs will be inherited from ColorableVob

And cellviews store Vobs which they will color, if they implement ColorableVob.

> - solids in RoundRectBgVob are tricky to implement (even more than in
>   OvalBgVob), but will try :)

Are you sure it's worth the effort?

> - btw, a strange problem:
>
>   If the line 269 in Fallback.java is sc.map.put(new SolidBgVob(bg),0);
>   The AWT client works, but GL fails with java.lang.Error: Wrong #
>   coordsys: 1 for gzz.vob.vobs.SolidBgVob
>
>   If it's sc.map.put(new SolidBgVob(bg)); The GL clien works, but AWT
>   get's jammed. SolidBgVobs are drawn, but no more.

Arrrgh... this means that the AWT and GL versions expect different numbers
of coordinate systems. Just fix them to use the same...

        Tuomas