gzz-dev

Re: RDFNodeView (was Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob))

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: RDFNodeView (was Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob))
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:55:50 +0100

Asko Soukka wrote:
How should I implement centering?

Look at the code, it centers the text now :-)

(not perfect, but working-- feel free to refactor, naturally)

Currently the width of each node vob is determined by View, but it's not probably the final location. What have you been thinking for that? With GZZ you had some ideas how the CellView should have min and max (and default?) values for it's size and the view would select either the default or size stretched by the content.

NodeView.java has an old method from CellView for that, commented out. But I haven't really been thinking anything, rather following the XP method: write a test, do *something*, read code, see whether you find a better way (refactoring).

And for calculating the width of text, the scale is needed? How should we use it in Loom?

So far we use a fixed scale, set by the node view. If you want to change the views so that they determine the scale, you need to change the NodeView interface so that the view can give the scale (but you know that).

And how should then properties be placed?

Do you mean literals? Centered in the rectangle also, I think.

Ok. But actually I didn't mean them :)

Ok.

I thought those text above resource nodes are properties?

Yes.

How they should be shown? Does the centering of resource's content affect their placing?

I don't think so. I want to change the properties of the negward-connected nodes to be right-aligned, but otherwise I think they are ok now. Except if someone has an idea for improvement, of course :)

- Benja