gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob)

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:01:42 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
- Interface Colorable, containing method to clone Vob with
  multiple colors
- Abstract class ColorableVob extends Vob omplements Colorable
- BgVobs will be inherited from ColorableVob

I'd prefer if the ColorableVob was the interface, extending a Vob interface, to avoid casts (ColorableVobs could be both colorized and added into a vob scene). Tuomas, can Vob be made an interface?

I'd prefer OTOH to have colorability as an optional extra, so that
no interface would expect a colorable object but check "can we color this?
If yes, do".

Ok, but what's the return type of cloneColored() then? With interface ColoredVob extends Vob, it would be 'right' for all cases.

Also the case is more general: Vob should be an interface to allow multiple inheritance on different sub-interfaces...

- Benja