gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob)

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-03-07 (AbstractBgVob)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:53:51 +0100

Asko Soukka wrote:
Hei Benja,

Could you find me any examples of that RDFNodeView idea (you've wrote in todo that it has been used in some RDF descriptions)?

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/#figure3

(That's just one, look thru that doc for more. I'd also like using the green and yellow tones from there.)

I tried it (by implementing my incomplete PEG outside the CVS), but it looked like text in oval should be centered.

Ah, very good. You're absolutely right.

And how should then properties be placed?

Do you mean literals? Centered in the rectangle also, I think.

- I'll rewrite my PEG on monday. The new proposition will contain:
 - Bg/border properties optionally in each Vob

Even in text vobs? SolidBgVobs? Connection vobs? This doesn't sound good.

I meant that if BgColor and drawBorder are just two attributes, there is no need for external AbstractBgVob. So, of course those attributes exist in only BgVobs, but they are not inherited from any template.

I don't understand. I am thinking, interface::

    Color getBgColor();
    void setBgColor(Color c);

    boolean getDrawBorder();
    void setDrawBorder(boolean b);

and abstract implementation::

    protected Color bgColor;
    protected boolean drawBorder;

    public Color getBgColor() { return bgColor; }
    public void setBgColor(Color c) { bgColor = c; }

    public boolean getDrawBorder() { return drawBorder; }
    public void setDrawBorder(boolean b) { drawBorder = b; }

I.e., the normal Java pattern.

Btw, the name of SolidBgVob is confusing. Ideas?

SceneBackgroundVob?

I'd prefer if the ColorableVob was the interface, extending a Vob interface, to avoid casts (ColorableVobs could be both colorized and added into a vob scene). Tuomas, can Vob be made an interface?

Tuomas did't like the word Vob in interface name, because there are no Vob interface where ColorableVob could be inherited from.

Re-read my last sentence :-)

- Benja