gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] RE: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] [Ann] Fenfire Loom (RDF browser) 0.1

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] RE: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] [Ann] Fenfire Loom (RDF browser) 0.1beta1released
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:29:39 +0200

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 02:00:18PM +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> Questions :
> Is the source to gzz.vob.*; available? (scratch that question if it's in the
> CVS - I've not yet checked)

It's LGPL and is in Gzz project CVS.

We're currently splitting it off and moving it to the libvob project
by itself.

Both are in savannah.

> What's with the Python material? Are you just using this for debugging?

Automated tests and for prototyping and for non-time-critical material.

> I've done a basic general purpose command window (Swing) using Jython which
> may be useful - it's already usable but a bit buggy (I want to be able to
> create nodes etc in Ideagraph by typing in commands, or to be able to run
> external py scripts).
>
> Is the license for the whole of the gzz material going to be LGPL? (I though
> I saw a ref to regular GPL somewhere, perhaps I'm confused).

For now it's LGPL. We're considering and discussing with our financiers
about moving some parts to GPL at some point. If we do, that does not change
the license for the versions released under LGPL, of course...

        Tuomas