gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] RE: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] [Ann] Fenfire Loom (RDF browser) 0.

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] RE: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] [Ann] Fenfire Loom (RDF browser) 0.1beta1released
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:28:47 +0200

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 06:31:06PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas already replied that we're currently splitting it off as a
> standalone library (also LGPL). I would like to add that this seems
> already pretty far along, progress-wise;

Yes. The missing things are text in opengl (need to split that to its
own library as well), and porting the OpenGL renderables and coordinate
systems.

The AWT side is the same code in a different package so there the porting
should be trivial.

> I haven't looked at it too
> deeply, but will now that the first version of Loom is practically
> finished (if no showstoppers are found in the beta).
>
> Unfortunately, currently it doesn't behave very well as part of the Java
> Component hierarchy: it insists on creating its own frames. (Loom just
> takes the libvob-created frame and adds a menu bar to it. :-) ) However,
> this should be easy to fix and I hope we'll have that changed before the
> first release. (This is for the AWT backend of libvob; I don't think we
> can make the OpenGL backend run inside an AWT component, at least not
> easily...)

We could, on JVM 1.3: there's the "awt native interface".
However, I don't think Kaffe supports the same...

        Tuomas