gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] RE: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] [Ann] Fenfire Loom (RDF browser) 0.

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] RE: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] [Ann] Fenfire Loom (RDF browser) 0.1beta1released
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:26:08 +0200

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 07:16:51PM +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> Your comments re. Swing & freeness, and Tuomas' reference to "our
> financiers" have really got me curious - are you getting funding from
> somewhere in GNU-land?

We're mostly a research group in the University of Jyväskylä, funded through
the InBCT project in Agora Center, by some large Finnish companies.

So this project really is my and the others' day job --- along with research
about the really new stuff included.

It's taken some time to find the right model for this work but I think we're
now getting close: it's divided between the frozen core where we're doing
real down-to-earth software engineering and the wild fringes where we're
doing research and new inventions.

        Tuomas