heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] HAL online

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] HAL online
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:46:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Josh White wrote:

Let's make up a robot, rather than use HAL. Here's why:

There's a AI professor who is obessesed with HAL
http://www.sfweekly.com/issues/2000-11-15/bayview.html

Sure.

who is doing a similar project to ours.
http://commonsense.media.mit.edu/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Indeed.  I've known Push Sing for like 7 or 8 years.  Btw, he was one
of the dudes I tried to put you in touch with when you were out there.

We are a complement to the open mind initiative.  They are soliciting
kb content from humans.  We are soliciting feedback about kb
content (and kb deductions).

(Also their knowledge rep langaguge is English!!!)

Tim Chklovski (the dude who has the website I keep going on and on
about) seems to have been pretty tight with Push and co when he was
doing his PhD at MIT AI lab.

Bill

-Josh