heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] HAL online

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] HAL online
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:57:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Josh White wrote:

Let's make up a robot, rather than use HAL. Here's why:

Indeed.  I've known Push Sing for like 7 or 8 years.  Btw, he
was one of the dudes I tried to put you in touch with when
you were out there.

Right, I remember now!

We are a complement to the open mind initiative.

Right - but for a normal user who puts AI with other random stuff like solar
power, pop stars, politics, our projects are similar enough that we would
not want to confuse the issue by using the specific name HAL. We can use any
other robot name.

agreed.  joshua can you make it so?

there are also potential legal issues with this.

i spoke to an attroney friend and movies can come after us.

shoot, i gotta run.  so i'm signingg off for a while.

bill

-Josh