heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:20:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 21:05 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
Right, that's what I was asking.  So:

create table c_commonsense (
id int,
c_commonsense_is_reversed boolean,
c_commonsense_statement varchar(512),
c_commonsense_explanation varchar(1024)
) without oids;

Those string lengths are just approximate and easy to increase if
needed. OK?

you are the programmer but i think id would be better if the is_reversed
var were at the end.  since there are likely to be other vars that we will
add soon.

This is a database table so we can change the layout, add, or remove
columns at any time.

okay.

So write a perl script or a carefully formatted file which can be used
to populate such a database table.

you recently sent an email with an attachment named simple.  you wanted
me to tweak the item content in there to my liking.  my guess is that this
was an example of a carefully formated file which can be used to populate
such a database table.  is that correct?

Yes, but perhaps it is better separate items with \n\n and separate
fields with \n.  The script I sent assumes that there is one items per
line which doesn't leave any space for the other fields.

sounds good.

OK, I have removed the part about how other people have rated this piece
of commonsense knowledge.

well, what we actually want is both.  we want...

hal thinks blah.

please rate this

1) high un 2) mod un 3 neut 4 mnod belief 5 hightly believable

...then after the user finishes we want some representation of what people
think...

e.g. the average believability rating that other human raters gave was 4.
3 other's have rated this so far.

...What do you guys think...what is the best way to rep "what other human
raters believe" here?  mean and number of respondants?  mean alone?  mean
plus sdev?  a histogram?....my preferennce is mean  and number of
respondants.

D'oh, well, it's easy to put whatever stats you want.

well josh nixed 'em so that's fine with me. if you wanna do historgrams, great...i'll probably say more about this when i reply to josh.

bill

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
(Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)