Re: member with constructor not allowed in union

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: member with constructor not allowed in union
Date: 18 Mar 2002 19:30:09 +0100

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard B Kreckel <address@hidden> writes:

Richard> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Hans Aberg wrote: [...]
>> > Use CVS.
>>
>> I think I will wait until it is sufficiently stable for putting in
>> the distribution. -- I think this is what others will do, so before
>> that happens, you will not get proper feedback.

Richard> Sorry for interrupting your little private dispute, but I
Richard> think you are a little bit too pessimistic.  Using CVS there
Richard> won't be proper feedback because nobody notices deep changes.
Richard> But you can still make prereleases, announce them and mark
Richard> them clearly as "not-yet-for-distros".  As it happens,
Richard> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/ exists for exactly this purpose.  :-)

That's the plan, indeed.  When we are ready.