Re: How to solve this kind of ambiguities?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: How to solve this kind of ambiguities?
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:37:27 +0200

On 7 Aug 2006, at 04:55, Dong Tiger wrote:

Actually, I am writing a code analyser which parses c/c++ code without doing the preprocess thing. So when I encounter an ambiguity, I just 'guess' which option is more proper. Symbol table, when I have time to write it, will be helpful to make the guess more accurate.
     At this moment, %merge is ok for me:)

Somebody else was doing this guessing game, perhaps worth to lookup, though I do not recall if it was in the Bison lists or the Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers it was discussed.