Re: AW: Segmentation Fault in yyparse() method

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: AW: Segmentation Fault in yyparse() method
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:03:08 +0100

Jonas Stahl wrote:
> In the version with segmentation fault (gcc 4.1.2):
>
> 33117     if (yychar == YYEMPTY)
> (gdb)
> 33120         yychar = YYLEX;
> (gdb)

> yyparse () at fullParser.tab.c:33120
> 33120         yychar = YYLEX;
>

> I don't get why it doesn't get to the breakpoint. Are there any
> instructions, that are performed, that the debugger doesn't show?

Weird crashes like that usually point to memory corruption, which in
this case is such that there is a difference between compilers (possibly
due to different optimization etc).

Try running the application under valgrind or some other memory debugger.
If possible also try slightly different releases of gcc (4.1.1 or 4.2);
there's an outside chance that it's a bug in gcc.