Re: emms help

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: emms help
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:40:06 +0100

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Hadron,
>
>>>   M-x emms-add-directory-tree:  Add all music files contained in a
>>>       directory or its subdirectories.
>>
>> This just returns that there are no songs in the top level - it seems
>> to ignore the "tree" bit ...
>
> Hm, do you use a current darcs checkout or version 2.1? Maybe there's a
> bug in it. At least the current version warks flawlessly.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

I took the darcs version. How to determine emms version? There is no
emms-version function.

Does not work for me. I have a top level "music" folder and point
emms-browser at it using emms-add-directory-tree. Below it are
directories named after the artist, then below the albums then the song
files. I get this in the messages after emms-add-directory-tree :

Building playlist...done
emms-playlist-first: No first track

If I add (for example) music/beach boys/albumname/ then the songs are
added for that directory only.

Why is a call to add-directoy-tree even calling a play function in the
first place? The browser is not where files are played from - this is
the job of the play lists is it not?

(ps How about a menu item for emms? is it there?)

How to remove stuff from emms-browser? The "delete" option worries me -
the documentation isnt clear as to what it deletes - I just want to
empty the browser cache - not remove the files from the hard drive.

,----

`----