Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 02:54:35 +0200

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> What?! C++ is straightforward.

Yes, so straightforward, that I remember, some years ago, reading
"Exceptional C++", by Herb Sutter (an acknowledged C++ expert), and
some short examples in the book had errata that had been corrected (in
subsequent prints) three, five, eight times, because even him was in
fact unable to grasp all the implications of the C++ exception model.
So...

> But, without
> bragging, I have a pretty clear view of C++ :)

...yes, this seems a bit of bragging. But hey, perhaps I'm wrong and
you are a prominent member from the C++11 design committee, for all I
know...

   Juanma