help-gnu-radius

AW: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication problem

From: Dan Beldiman
Subject: AW: [Help-gnu-radius] authentication problem
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:07:13 +0200

Hello,

[...]
> Auth-Type = SQL means that the database keeps encrypted (DES or MD5)
> password, whereas your actual database keeps plaintext:

For testing I changed the entry in the users file to work with plain text
passwords in mysql and it is working now!

However i could not get it to work with MD5 encrypted passwords in the
database
how am i supposed to encrypt the passwords? I used the MD5() function of
mysql - is that the way to go?

Thanks

Dan