help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius 1.3 end with Abort

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius 1.3 end with Abort
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:37:22 +0300

Greg G <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had to do this to make it build correctly:
>
> CC=gcc CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/mysql/include -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
> -Wl,-R/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql" ./configure --with-mysql
> --enable-client

That's not correct. While it gives the possibility to compile the
package, reconfiguring with config.status will not work. The correct way
is:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/mysql/include \
            LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql\
            --with-mysql --enable-client

By the way, it is described in the docs (see README).

> Actually, what was more annoying is that without the
> -I/usr/local/mysql/include in there, configure passed the test, but
> radius itself wouldn't compile.  Is it possible to have configure test
> for the includes as well, to save some heartburn?

Yes, I guess it should be possible.

Regards,
Sergey