[Help-gnunet] Re: Problems connecting (connected hosts: 0)

From: David Hansen
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Re: Problems connecting (connected hosts: 0)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 07:28:39 +0200

On Mon, Sep 02 at  7:04 Martin Sarsale wrote:
> It's a nice problem, having all that bandwidth :)
>
> Maybe you can try setting this variables on the config file:
> # Bandwidth limitation.
> # GNUnet can determine your current bandwidth
> # usage and throttle in times of heavy other load.
> # These numbers are supposed to specify your upstream and
> # downstream bandwidths available in bytes per second.
> MAXNETUPBPSTOTAL = 500000
> MAXNETDOWNBPSTOTAL = 500000

Hmm, i have MAXNETUPBPSTOTAL = 10000, my real upstream is 128kbit but
with gnunetd running upload rates are sometimes really slow (just a few
hundred bytes/s) and never > 6kb/s. It would be fine to have a hard
upload limit (use never more than <n>kb/s).

> Anyway, I can't get into the network..

How are you connected (PPP, PPPoE, Ethernet, ...)? Do you use NAT? Did
the UDP packets really go out? Try something like

# tcpdump -n ip proto \\udp and port 2086

> how many 'connected hosts' you have?

At the time i have 7 'connected hosts'.

> maybe you can give me your ip addr and port so I can connect directly
> to your box?

Unless i play Unreal Tournament robotron.homeip.net:2086 is on (dynamic
IP, changes once/24h).

BTW: What about idling on OPN in #gnunet? I've seen someone already
registered it a long time ago...

David