Re: [Help-gnunet] Problems connecting (connected hosts: 0)

From: Leonard
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Problems connecting (connected hosts: 0)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 00:53:14 -0400

>How are you connected (PPP, PPPoE, Ethernet, ...)? Do you use NAT? Did
>the UDP packets really go out? Try something like
># tcpdump -n ip proto \\udp and port 2086

Yup, tcpdump -n -i eth0 udp
Yes I really did have all that bandwidth (also checked w/ iptraf) :)

Thanks to GNUnet, I discovered that my USR 'CMX' cable-modem is Not
limited in -UDP- outgoing. Hard to believe at first but good to know ;)

When I saw such a hudge traffic for nothing (I was only able to DL 1 single
file, the funny one on the RIAA), I kinda stopped to believe in GNUnet's
short-term future.

> MAXNETUPBPSTOTAL = 500000
> MAXNETDOWNBPSTOTAL = 500000

I put 10.000 in UP (10 KB/s) but it still goes up to 90 KB/s up! ...

Then reduced also DOWN to 20.000 -> this time I wasn't able to get more
than 2 hosts, but the outgoing traffic was really low (2 KB/s)

Now I moved DN back up to 50.000, but I only have 1 connected host...

> Anyway, I can't get into the network..
>
> how many 'connected hosts' you have?

8 ... Not a big network...

> maybe you can give me your ip addr and port so I can connect directly to your
> box?

Couldn't you get the hostlists automatically ? If not, try to wget them
manually.
#HOSTLISTURL
http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/download/hostlist
http://flolp.dynodns.net/chris/gnunet/hostlist

It actually takes a while for 3 hosts to be connected. Say 5-10 minuts.
Connected hosts    :                 5
Uptime             :               434s

For you, I'll relaunch the monster for tonight though my cable provider might
kill me.
static: 24.171.20.168 2086