Re: Debian shishi package bug

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Debian shishi package bug
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:21:53 +0200

Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

> Elrond <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> We could combine the change with an addition of libpam-shishi (from
>> extras/pam_shishi), so the annoyance for ftp-master is only once?
>
> If we did it as part of some other renaming, I would be much less leery of
> it.

Changing 'shishid' to 'shishi-kdc' when we add the PAM package sounds
like a plan then.

I think we'll need another upload soon, to fix the library dependency
bug, and if Elrond can confirm that TGS now work against heimdal (and
w2k3?) with all principal names, I'll release 0.0.25 and we can base
the next upload on that.  Sounds good?

Btw, a while ago I added a 'libgnutls-dev (>= 1.3.5-1+b1)' versioned
build-dependency, probably to fix attempt to fix the linda complaints
about gnutls12 and gnutls13 conflicts.  That version of libgnutls-dev
is in unstable with rc bugs, so won't migrate to testing.  I think
I'll remove the version part, and see if everything still works.
Shishi doesn't need bleeding edge gnutls.  This might help shishi
migrate to testing too.

OTOH, perhaps we shouldn't migrate to testing until we've renamed the
package and added the PAM module...

/Simon