Re: Debian shishi package bug

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Debian shishi package bug
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:44:09 -0700

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm beginning to rethink the idea of disabling shishid by default, I'd
> like for 'apt-get install shishid' to install a working and fully
> configured shishi KDC.  One of my ideas with shishi is that every
> machine run its own KDC, and if you have a few more machines, you pool
> them together using cross-realm trust.  But maybe we can revisit this
> later on, too...

I think it's okay to leave it started by default.  I prefer that anyway;
usually when someone installs a daemon package, it's because they want the
daemon to run.

I've just uploaded 0.0.24-1 with your modifications and a fix for the
upgrade problems from 0.0.23-1 when shishid wasn't running.  I've tested
the latter on my system and it seems to resolve the problem.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>