Re: Debian shishi package bug

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Debian shishi package bug
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:42:42 +0200

Elrond <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 07:31:41PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm not sure that I
>> understand the motivation; if it's to make the package easier to find, I
>> don't think it will actually help.  apt-cache search kdc already finds
>> shishid due to the KDC line in the description.
>
> Naming consistency in the debian packages.

I agree consistency is good, but it sounds like it would create too
much annoyance here.

I suppose the real problem is the ftpmasters process to do manual work
when a non-source package is renamed, but I have no energy to fight
that.

> Same as most pam-(addon)-packages start with libpam.
>
> We could combine the change with an addition of
> libpam-shishi (from extras/pam_shishi), so the annoyance
> for ftp-master is only once?

Ah, the shishi PAM package...  I should have a look to see if it still
works properly, and see if we can include it too.

Thanks,
Simon