Re: [igraph] Choosing between different methods of detecting communities

From: Roey Angel
Subject: Re: [igraph] Choosing between different methods of detecting communities
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:35:50 +0200

Thanks Minh,
The papers look interesting. Has anyone implemented any of the methods into igraph (or any other library for that matter)? I'm a microbial ecologist, not a mathematician or a computer scientist. I like to use statistical methods but haven't got the knowledge, time or inclination to write complex algorithms.
Chen -- do you mean edge.betweenness.community()?
I tried it but then R hangs (haven't tried letting run for a few hours though).

I appreciate your help,
Roey