Re: [iiwusynth-devel] unsubscribe

From: Peter Hanappe
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 13:35:08 +0200

Hi Fabio,

I'm sorry to read your mail. I must admit that I've had very little
time lately to maintain the iiwusynth project. I changed jobs twice
in two months and my first child was born last week. I try to keep
up but sometimes messages do get forgotten.

I suppose most people on the mailing list are using iiwusynth on
Linux and have not tried to compile it on windows. It is possible
however. A MSVC project is available in the CVS tree. That means
that you'll need a CVS client to pull the source code from the CVS
server. On Windows, you can use WinCVS (www.cvsgui.org) or
use a port of the Unix tools to Windows (Cygwin is one of them,
www.cygwin.com). The CVS configuration for iiwusynth can be found
at http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=iiwusynth. Once you pulled
the CVS tree from the server there's a directory called 'winbuild'
which contains the MSVC 6.0 projects.

I'm not sure if you're still interested. If you are, let us know
how it goes and hassle us if you don't get an immediate reply (I'll
check my mail between changing dipers). If you want to get off the
mailing list, you can use the mailman interface at
http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/mailman/listinfo/iiwusynth-devel
or just send me a confirmation mail.

Best,
Peter

Fabio Aragao da Silva wrote:
        can you please tell me how to unsubscribe this discussion list? I
subscribed it ?cause I was naive enought to think I could find some help
here on compiling IIWU in MS Visual C++ for Windows but you guys do not
seem to be interested on
helping... well, fortunately I have found TIMIDITY++ (thank you for not
helping me, I would have got involved on IIWU and would never find this
wonderful japanese free software synthetizer) and I am already working on
hacking this synth on my MSVC)... I just want to forget my frustrating
IIWU experience...

        greeting from the underdeveloped world...