Re: EasyPG for signing and en/decrypting Email

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: EasyPG for signing and en/decrypting Email
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:33:05 +0200

Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> writes:

>> > I'm really curious about how people learn the usage of pgg through the
>> > mml2015 interface.  Just a guess, or from EmacsWiki?
>
>> I've not uses EasyPG in Gnus yet.  But I always thought it is just
>> used without any configuration as a drop-in replacement for PGG.
>
> You are missing the point.  We are talking about how PGG interacts with
> mml2015, not the usage of PGG itself.  Please do not propagate more
> confusion.

I think this is the problem - there is confusion. And there is,
currently, little if any information to help clarify it. I thought the
same. Then I realised its a "wrapper" which uses one of epg/pgg etc. I
think. And then I wondered how epa fit it into it. Sorry Daiki, but
there is clearly an information shortfall here. It went from reasonably
clear in emacs 22 to confusing now - and the lack of updates to the
gnus/emacs manual don't help.