koha-devel

[Koha-devel] New User

From: Desarrollo Koha
Subject: [Koha-devel] New User
Date: Sun Jan 4 12:58:02 2004

Hello:
I come from Sevilla (Spain) and I am trying to translate koha 2,0RC1 to spanish in order to use it at the "Conservatorio Superior de Musica Manuel Castillo de Sevilla", a school music where we want to replace the Windows proprietary software for the library management with an Open Source solution (better for Linux systems).

I have been looking for different systems and I think koha may be the best solution for our requeriments.

I would like to know how to release the work to the community while I am translating that (Currently working on the default theme).

I have found that could be a good thing to work in some kind of replacing the "hard coded" text with gettext (the original spanish translation is quite old comparing the templates with the english ones and it doesn't work well), and it could take advantages to maintain the translations without changing code.

I would like to know future plans and new feature releasing.

Thank you for that great product.
Pablo Villanueva