koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] New User

From: Cuenta General
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] New User
Date: Thu Jan 8 08:37:02 2004

At 09:39 05/01/2004, you wrote:
address@hidden
I have found that could be a good thing to work in some kind of replacing the "hard coded" text with gettext (the original spanish translation is quite old comparing the templates with the english ones and it doesn't work well), and it could take advantages to maintain the translations without changing code.

DO NOT translate manually the spanish templates, that are outdated you're right.
But look in misc/translator directory, file translator_doc.txt

¿where ?. I have downloaded the koha-2.0.0RC1.tgz file from sourceforge and i can not find the file you are talking about.

Now we have a tool to create translated versions of Koha without having to manually report any html change in english templates. Something like gettext, but that works BEFORE execution, a kind of "gettext-compiler". Use it on OPAC 1st to check it works fine in spanish (a few bugs may be still present, but it works fine for french translation).

HTH (& sure it does :-) )

I think I have some kind of "development" version with some pieces of test code.

Another thing is... Are there more than three reports on the report module?. I only can see three but i have found a file inside the directories that seems to have more reports (I actually can not remember where :-(.

Thank you for your help.

Pablo