koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] New User

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] New User
Date: Mon Jan 5 00:36:00 2004

Desarrollo Koha a écrit :

Hello:
I come from Sevilla (Spain) and I am trying to translate koha 2,0RC1 to spanish in order to use it at the "Conservatorio Superior de Musica Manuel Castillo de Sevilla", a school music where we want to replace the Windows proprietary software for the library management with an Open Source solution (better for Linux systems).

Hi from France :-)

I have been looking for different systems and I think koha may be the best solution for our requeriments.

good.

I would like to know how to release the work to the community while I am translating that (Currently working on the default theme).

Very good.

I have found that could be a good thing to work in some kind of replacing the "hard coded" text with gettext (the original spanish translation is quite old comparing the templates with the english ones and it doesn't work well), and it could take advantages to maintain the translations without changing code.

DO NOT translate manually the spanish templates, that are outdated you're right.
But look in misc/translator directory, file translator_doc.txt
Now we have a tool to create translated versions of Koha without having to manually report any html change in english templates. Something like gettext, but that works BEFORE execution, a kind of "gettext-compiler". Use it on OPAC 1st to check it works fine in spanish (a few bugs may be still present, but it works fine for french translation).

HTH (& sure it does :-) )

--
Paul POULAIN