Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux

From: Yogesh Girikumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:18:24 +0530

On 9 November 2012 15:03, Steven Hamilton <oz@scorch.net> wrote:

> What should we do currently?

One thing that comes to my mind is to try and convince (stupid, I know
:) game companies to open-up the source code for old games that have
gone out of trend (which happens fast to most games). Something like
tom-clancy's rainbow six, quake, etc. I don't know if that's even
worth the try. But if it works, we'd have some cool games in GNU/Linux
and BSDs. That way, the development/porting of games becomes a little
less non-trivial and we won't be competing with the latest cutting
edge games and maybe - just maybe - they won't mind opening up the
source code since there's no competitive threat to their current
games. Just a thought :D