Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Steam for Linux
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:29:06 -0800 (PST)

Quiliro Ordóñez said:

> The only way to make a change is that the people that want to make
> the effort of change concentrate on making the free-way as easy.
> This will bring in even more "change making" people.

I don't know. If someone adopts free software just because
it's "easy" and not because they value freedom then they're just as
likely to switch to something else that's "even easier" (but
proprietary) when it comes along because they're only evaluating
things based on "easiness." In order for their freedom to last they
need to value it, moreso than just having things be easy or
convenient.