Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What is ThinkPenguin?

From: Adam Bolte
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What is ThinkPenguin?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 18:01:49 +1000

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:08:12PM -0400, Patrick wrote:
> Chris is on the Trisquel list all the time helping others. Isn't
> this just silly in-fighting? Is it worth criticizing people who sell
> computers with closed source firmware when there is so very little
> to choose from otherwise?
>
> I love GPL but I hate the snobbery. Why not spend time promoting the
> good ?

I had to double-check to make sure this was actually a reply to my
post, as I don't remember criticizing anybody (although I did make a
fool of myself by not proof-reading - "bought" vs "brought").

Sorry, I don't know any Chris (or any employee at ThinkPenguin for
that matter), and I don't use Trisquel. If you do and you find Chris
helpful, great stuff! But that's quite irrelevant to what I posted. I
am simply suggesting caution when purchasing a wifi module from
ThinkPenguin without doing research first.

If you love the GPL, would you really be satisfied recommending a
solution that is non-free because you happen to know the seller? What
if it was you who purchased the wifi module with broken Bluetooth
based on the suggestion of people on this list?