[libreplanet-discuss] What is ThinkPenguin?

From: Greg Wright
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] What is ThinkPenguin?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 06:41:33 -0400

Are "Penguin" branded products Free-Hardware, Free-Firmware, neither?

If they are free how/where do I get the GPL'ed content?

Why do they need to keep requisitioning new tech from others. Couldn't they make the source more obtainable. Then we could have the "Free-Hardware Dream" (minus "in-home PCB printing"). But with a few concessions like: if you want to have your specially made custom whatever - foot the bill yourself, otherwise wait for the next hardware revision; as an example of course.