Re: Fret Diagram markup

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Fret Diagram markup
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:46:06 +0300 (EEST)

> It's a fairly lengthy chunk of code to include at the front of a
> lilypond file.  I think it might be reasonable to add as a scheme file
> to the lilypond distribution, and create a new kind of standard markup,
> fret-diagram-markup, rather than using a user-defined markup.  I don't
> have CVS access (and in fact, haven't yet been able to get lilypond to
> build on my Cygwin installation), so I don't believe I'm the right
> person to move this into the lilypond distribution.  But if I should
> become that person, I'll try to accept that responsibility.

Actually its fairly simple: just put the initialization script into a separate
file called
"fret-diagram-init.ly". This file will be then put to "ly/" directory. Then one
can use the script you
wrote by adding just one line in the beginning of the file:

  \include "fret-diagram-init.ly"

By adding this line into "ly/declarations-init.ly", one may use the scripts
even without any extra
lines.

Back to debugging, I tried to compile the attached file, but got:

222: 27* (fontify-text font (if (> basefret 1) (integer->roman basefret) " "))

/home/hjunes/fret-diagrams.ly:222:36: In expression (fontify-text font (if # #
...)):
/home/hjunes/fret-diagrams.ly:222:36: Unbound variable: fontify-text

I also tried  "grep -R fontify-text *" to the lilypond-source, but there was no
hits.
Where does the fontify-text function originate from? I should have missed
something.

Greetings,

  Heikki Junes