RE: Fret Diagram markup

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: Fret Diagram markup
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:03:55 -0600

I agree that this can be done, but it seems "improper" to me to include
as a .ly file a whole chunk of nothing but scheme code.  To me, it would
be better to get rid of the # in front of each #(define... and save the
file as fret-diagram-markup.scm, then modify the (use-module ...
statements wherever it is necessary.  But I can see that it would work
as a .ly include.

> Back to debugging, I tried to compile the attached file, but got:

> 222: 27* (fontify-text font (if (> basefret 1)
> (integer->roman basefret) " "))
>
> /home/hjunes/fret-diagrams.ly:222:36: In expression
> (fontify-text font (if # # ...)):
> /home/hjunes/fret-diagrams.ly:222:36: Unbound variable: fontify-text
>
> I also tried  "grep -R fontify-text *" to the
> lilypond-source, but there was no hits.
> Where does the fontify-text function originate from? I should
> have missed something.

In my distribution, fontify-text is found in scm/stencil.scm

Thanks for your review,

Carl