Re: GDP: LSR and @commonprop

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: LSR and @commonprop
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:24:56 +0100

2007/12/6, John Mandereau <address@hidden>:

> Yes, we did.  If we go this way moving many stuff to LSR (which I fully
> agree), we *must* i18n LSR.  I volunteer to help with this during my
> Christmas vacation, if Sebastiano accepts to make this big change to
> LSR.  I guess this is not trivial work, so it might take a couple of
> weeks to achieve this.  Sebastiano, what do you think?

If you're seriously planning to do this, you can count me in.

As for automatic snippets integration thanks to tags: it would be just
great; however we might think twice about it. For example, there's
currently only one "Pitches" tag, which gathers all snippets closely
(or not) related to the whole NR Chapter #1. As a result, we can't
extract automatically *only* KeySignatures-related snippets, for
example.

In such a case, we would have to add a "commonly tweaked properties"
appendix to every chapter in the NR, where you'd have not only "Key
signatures", but also "Ambitus", "Transposing", "Ancient Accidentals"
etc. (there are currently about 40 snippets tagged as "Pitches", and
I'm adding more of them everyday).

Valentin