Re: GDP: LSR and @commonprop

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: LSR and @commonprop
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 15:24:21 -0800

John Mandereau wrote:
Le mardi 04 décembre 2007 à 00:13 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
"since the snippet already has texinfo code, why not have them automatically inserted directly into the compiled manuals" -- I'd love to have this. That way everybody would be happy. @commonprop stuff would be maintained by the community instead of the doc person, but people who want everything inside one pdf would have it there. This is a "MODERATELY IMPORTANT" item on the technical TODO list. If you're interested in doing this yourself, great!

As far as I can see, this involves no technical work, does it?  We just
have to add @lsr links in @commonprop.

No. See Accidentals and Key signatures in GDP. There is currently a _link_ to the snippet webpage.

Instead of displaying a link, I want to have:

blah blah... stuff in texinfo from the .ly file...

@lilypond[]
... actual snippet ly ...
@end lilypond

As I said, we use exactly this mechanism for producing the collated-files. Somebody (ie you ;) just needs to adapt this method, and add it to our .itely -> .inexi -> .itexi -> .whatever-happens-in-outwww/ chain.

Or, you could think of it as a
@lilypondfile{}
except that this macro (say, @lsrfile{} ) also includes the texinfo from the snippet file, instead of just the .ly code.