Re: Snippets status (was Re: input/new status?)

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Snippets status (was Re: input/new status?)
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:46:32 +0100

Le vendredi 04 janvier 2008 à 09:29 +0100, Mats Bengtsson a écrit :

> John Mandereau wrote:
> >
> > I've committed new tags stuff a couple of hours after 2.11.37 release.
> > See current git master branch, or the compiled docs at
> > http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/input/lsr/snippets/index.html
> >
> I guess this index page is still in a very preliminary shape.

It is somewhat; thanks for the suggestions, I had no inspiration to
improve it. :-)

Generally, input/lsr/snippets has still a preliminary shape: the PDF has
too much overfull hboxes, verbatim quotes are often too verbose... it'll
take a while to sort all this out, as my vacation is ending tomorrow. I
hope integrated snippets are not worse than before, at least from the
building point of view -- I may have caused temporary 'make web'
breakages, and made huge commits for moving snippets, sorry!

> In the
> final version,
> I would recommend you to advertise the free text search available at LSR.

We already mention and put a link to LSR, but it might be valuable to
advertise LSR more on this document, and not only its free text search;
there's already something in LM introduction (About this manual).  I
don't know how to phrase it, though.

> You should probably also issue a warning about the possible differences in
> LilyPond version between the LSR site and the lilypond.org site

Yout're right; I've fixed it in Git.

Cheers,
John