Re: Snippets status (was Re: input/new status?)

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Snippets status (was Re: input/new status?)
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:32:29 +0100

Le dimanche 06 janvier 2008 à 15:33 +0100, Valentin Villenave a écrit :
> 2008/1/6, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:46:32 +0100
> > John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > verbatim quotes are often too
> > > verbose...
>
> > That's Valentin's problem, not yours.  ;)
>
> I *am* a verbose person, so I didn't notice :)

That's not you :-), but some snippets are wordy and contain a lot of
stuff, e.g. positioning-segno-and-coda-with-line-break.ly, or even more
obviously score-for-diatonic-accordion.ly.

> John: What do you mean by "verbatim quotes too verbose"?
> I don't understand.

See e.g. ambiti-multiple-voices.ly or
clefs-commonly-tweaked-properties.ly: the '% begin verbatim' hack to
mark the beginnning of the ly-snippet quoted verbatim is not properly
placed in those snippets; I improved the regular expression that tries
to detect the end of \header block, see end_header_re in makelsr.py,
we'll see how it goes at next LSR->docs update.  To tune which part of
the snippet is quoted verbatim manually, you can add '% begin verbatim'
and '% end verbatim' comments, see lilypond-book documentation.

There are some problematic overfull hboxes in PDF, e.g. many lines of
score-for-diatonic-accordion.ly stick out of the right margin.

There are probably many other nitpicks like this, I leave this stuff to
anybody who has time to do it...

Cheers,
John