Re: KeyboardStaff?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: KeyboardStaff?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:37:43 +0200

2008/10/6 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>:
> What do you think?

I think that GrandStaff and PianoStaff are exactly the same anyway:
the only difference was that PianoStaff had fixed inter-staves space,
which it hasn't anymore :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2007-01/msg00293.html

So, while we're renaming stuff and simplifying the syntax, I'd vote
for deprecating and removing PianoStaff entirely. A very simple
convert-ly rule may rename it into GrandStaff, and it will not change
a thing.

(such a change would have to be done *before* .12 rather than after, btw)

Cheers,
Valentin