Re: lilybuntu confusion

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: lilybuntu confusion
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 06:40:47 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:07:08PM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
On 6/30/09 1:30 PM, "Mark Polesky" <address@hidden> wrote:

regarding this...
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00294.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00303.html

Mailing lists are not documentation.
(not directed at you, Mark :)

address@hidden:~/svn/lilypond/Documentation/devel$ grep VirtualBox
*
address@hidden:~/svn/lilypond/Documentation/devel$
Hmm.  It appears that these contributor-related instructions
didn't make it in the CG.

(still not directed at Mark)

You install the operating system that is on the .iso you downloaded.

One that is open source and claims to work with both XP and Vista is
WinCDEmu:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincdemu

More good info.
(still not directed at Mark)

Perhaps somebody-not-Mark could write the instructions in CG 1.3,
then a Frogmeister-not-Mark could proofread those instructions and
add whatever else is needed.

I'll do it.

If you want to rename the section, go ahead.  If you want to
suggest a different location fine; I haven't really thought about
where to put it.  The important thing at the moment is just to get
it... I'll be reviewing the CG in a few days, anyway.

It looks like it'll need at least a new subheading. I'll try to come up with something that makes sense.

... actually, the *most* important thing at the moment is to get
into the habit of using the CG, both for writing and reading.

Indeed. A gross oversight not to have done this already. :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com