Re: lilybuntu confusion

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: lilybuntu confusion
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 07:55:49 -0600

On 7/1/09 1:32 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:07:08PM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> On 6/30/09 1:30 PM, "Mark Polesky" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> regarding this...
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00294.html
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00303.html
>
> Mailing lists are not documentation.
> (not directed at you, Mark :)

> address@hidden:~/svn/lilypond/Documentation/devel$ grep VirtualBox
> *
> address@hidden:~/svn/lilypond/Documentation/devel$
>
> Hmm.  It appears that these contributor-related instructions
> didn't make it in the CG.
>
> (still not directed at Mark)
>
>> You install the operating system that is on the .iso you downloaded.
>>
>> One that is open source and claims to work with both XP and Vista is
>> WinCDEmu:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincdemu
>
> More good info.
> (still not directed at Mark)
>

> Perhaps somebody-not-Mark could write the instructions in CG 1.3,
> then a Frogmeister-not-Mark could proofread those instructions and
> add whatever else is needed.
>
> If you want to rename the section, go ahead.  If you want to
> suggest a different location fine; I haven't really thought about
> where to put it.  The important thing at the moment is just to get
> it... I'll be reviewing the CG in a few days, anyway.
>
> ... actually, the *most* important thing at the moment is to get
> into the habit of using the CG, both for writing and reading.

Great points.

It seems to me, though, that there is a time for discussing stuff on the
mail lists until the answers get settled.

Once the answers are settled, then they should go in the CG.

So I think we're right on the edge of it being time to put it in the CG.

So, Jon, will you be somebody-not-Mark, and I'll be Frogmeister-not-mark?

Thanks,

Carl