Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:04:54 +0000

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 12/23/09 5:37 PM, "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>   "Ask the LilyPond mantainer to create the list in their project. "
>
> So all we need to do is get Graham, Jan, or Han-Wen to add a list
> lilypond-es.  I think we could get one of them to do that.

Yes, this looks simple; type "fr" and "Discussion list for Spanish
users" in two places, then click.  But before we do this, I'd like to
settle a few questions:

1)  which languages get a mailing list?  I mean, if somebody comes
along and asks for an official swahili lilypond list, do we just add
it?

My tentative answer is that we could create an official
language-specific list for any translation that finished the
top-priority items (IIRC, the website + Learning 1 Tutorial).
Thoughts?

2)  lilypond-es vs. lilypond-user-fr.  Francisco made a good argument
for omitting the -user-, but since the lilypond-user-fr list already
exists, I'm not so keen on making a new format for list names.

Should we make all new languages just as lilypond-XY, and keep
lilypond-user-fr for tradition's sake?  Should we ask the -user-fr
people to accept a name change to lilypond-fr ?  Should we make all
new languages in the form lilypond-user-XY ?  Thoughts?