Re: G clef changes [was: Re: Alternative music font]

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: G clef changes [was: Re: Alternative music font]
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:07:07 -0700

On 12/31/09 6:37 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen schrieb:
>>
>> On 12/30/09 7:42 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> Carl Sorensen schrieb:
>>>

>> OK, I've attached a 300 dpi png and with the clef rotated from 0 to 4
>> degrees.
>>
> Thanks for your work, Carl.
>> An Inkscape svg is available at
>>
>> http://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/cleftest.svg
>>
> OT: This is strange; in the browser, it looks ok, but with inkscape, the
> staff lines are missing.

What version of inkscape are you using?  Older versions didn't handle
default colors according to the specification.  I opened the file in my
browser, and saved it, then opened it in inkscape, and everything was fine.

> But that's not important, because:
>> A 600-dpi png is available at
>>
>> http://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/cleftest.png
>>
> I printed this and stared at the clefs for quite a long time. I am not
> sure to use the
> 1.5 version as it is, or the 2.0 version with a tiny shift of the bulb
> to the right.
> But I tend to claim 1.5 being the best.

Your opinions exactly match mine -- 1.5 or 2.0 with a slight shift of the
bulb.  But I think I prefer 1.5.

Thanks,

Carl