Re: [frogs] Da Capos, Codas and Segnos

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [frogs] Da Capos, Codas and Segnos
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:20:33 -0500

Hi all,

I've been lurking a bit on this thread, but felt I should comment.

I personally think we need a more general structure than \repeat will ever be
able to reasonably offer. Essentially, we need to be able to say that a single
movement/piece [of Lilypond code] consists of one or more \section blocks,
where a \section would have at least the following independent options:
    1. indent value[s] and/or line lengths;
    2. section title (e.g. "Trio").

Then, each section can or cannot include standard Lilypond \repeat structures,
as necessary.

BTW: I'm *not* saying that Lilypond's \repeat structure shouldn't be improved
-- I'm just suggesting that we might be looking at two different problems here.

Cheers,
Kieren.