Re: [frogs] Da Capos, Codas and Segnos

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: [frogs] Da Capos, Codas and Segnos
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:51:19 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> writes
    \score {
        \header {
            title = "Trio"
        }
        % Music for Section B of Scherzo, aka Trio, ending with
        % "Da Capo" type markup
    }
    \score {
        \header {
            title = "Coda" % or \markup to generate ¤ (the hot-cross-bun sign)
        }
        % Music for Section C of Scherzo, the Coda
    }

Don't forget, if I've got a Da Capo or Trio, there is NO WAY I would want the text in a title block, with all the space that would use up. Turning pages in a performance is, for bandsmen, usually impractical and often downright impossible. Wasting a line when I'm trying to cram everything on a sheet of A5 is just not acceptable :-)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden