Re: Error in fretted-strings.itely? (was: Re: Enhancement: tabalture cho

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Error in fretted-strings.itely? (was: Re: Enhancement: tabalture chord repetition (issue224082))
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 06:20:30 -0600

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
Marc Hohl schrieb:
Nicolas Sceaux schrieb:
Le 1 mars 2010 à 10:00, Marc Hohl a écrit :

address@hidden schrieb:

http://codereview.appspot.com/224082/diff/1/3
File ly/chord-repetition-init.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/224082/diff/1/3#newcode51
ly/chord-repetition-init.ly:51: #(define-public (tab-repeat-chord
previous-chord location duration articulations)
It would be  better to define a generic repetition function, taking the
event types that should be kept for NoteEvents. default-repeat-chord and
tab-repeat-chord would then use this function.  I'm writing it on other
post.

Done. Thanks for this improvement!

Marc

http://codereview.appspot.com/224082/show

Shouldn't there be a few words of explantion about using q and
\tabChordRepetition somewhere in 2.4.1 "Common notation for fretted
strings"?

I'll have a look at it.
At the beginning of Documentation/notation/fretted-instruments.itely, it says:

@warning{String numbers @strong{must} be defined inside a chord
construct even if there is only a single note.}

But something like c4\4 works pretty well, and IIUC, the comments
in lily/tab-note-heads-engraver.cc verify that string numbers are
allowed within and outside chord constructs. So, while adding
some remarks about  \tabChordRepetition, should I delete the @warning{...} ?

Marc

There is a reason for this warning, I'm sure. (I think I'm the one who put it there). Before deleting it, try using the string number orientation command and see if it has any effect on the string number when it's not inside a chord construct.

Jon

--

Actually, when I run the following example I get no string number at all:

\relative c' { c\5 }

If I put it in chord  brackets it works:

\relative c' { <c\5> }

This is true for both 2.12 and the latest build from source (yesterday).

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com