Re: git repository with fixed history ready

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: git repository with fixed history ready
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:53:34 +0100

Il giorno mar, 23/03/2010 alle 11.54 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> Mm, I've thought it twice (8 left) and what it comes to my mind is,
> what I push is what I've pulled if the change did not happen in
> between. Correct me if I'm wrong.  What is the effect of pulling the
> new history onto the old one? I bet you can't because it is not
> fast-forward.

Oh, you're right, indeed git refused to fetch dev/waf from Savannah
after its history rewriting (which I wanted to do to check for changes
on this branch I wouldn't have already pushed), so as long as Git
pushers don't blindly try to pull/fetch with -f or --force flag, the
history replacing will go well, probably with a few complaints on the
list.  All this doesn't change my answers to Graham's questions, though.

Best,
John