Re: website translation infrastructure

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website translation infrastructure
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:31:18 +0100

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 02:19:32PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> You mean scripts/build.  Yay, yet another place for translating
> strings :-P

Not my problem.

> If you want to make some bits of code available in "a
> central place", I can recommend putting them in a module in
> python/auxiliar,

I have no desires for or against that.  However, if you more stuff
into python/ then you'll need to update website.make to declare
PYTHONHOME.

> I maintain that we need to strip the ".html" suffixes for the case of
> partial website translations:

Don't the partly-translated texinfo files contain English at the
beginning?  If so, it's no problem: community.de.html (for
example) would contain only English text, but that's not a
problem.  No, the extra bandwidth in uploading idential
community.en.html and community.de.html is /not/ an issue.

> Please let me one week for all this.

Spend as much time as you want -- the current system works, so
it's not release-critical.  I'm not going to work on these issues,
so it's not a question of wasting my time.  I'll mark 1050 as
started by you so that nobody else wanders across it.